Friday, February 13, 2009

Posting Back: I Don't Even Know What Week.

This weeks Post Secrets didn't stand out to me except for one. And since Prof. wants me to try and write about only one Post Secret and how it pertains to me, this ones it. I have to say that I was a little skeptical to share this with the class on the way that I'll be treated. And thats kind of what this Post Secret talks about.



I'm unsure if my readers know, but I am gay. Everyday day I ponder on the way I would be treated on the basis of people knowing who I really am. People I interact with in classes I am unsure if they know my orientation and if they do, does it bother them? I also always wonder if being gay will hold me back in the things I want to accomplish in my life. I mean I don't want to be president, but I do want to be successful. And thats what the post secret is about. Its a scary thought waking up everyday and not knowing how you might be treated that day. It really is a form of segregation. I don't put it out there for everyone to see and I act just like everyone else, but if they knew, would things be different? Maybe these thoughts of segregation bother me so much because of my background. I came from a very conservative and traditional community. And i know how the people in that community though of it, it just bothers me.

After thinking about it for quite sometime I decided to post this secret. I figured it doesn't in the end matter what anyone knows or thinks about me. If they still like me and want to be friends then thats great, and if they don't, then thats too bad. I hope that one day I can feel like the person I love doesn't make a difference on the person I am.

Thanks for reading,

Ethan.

P.S.

  1. Don't forget to check out postsecret.com for the rest of this weeks postsecrets.
  2. Make sure to take a look at the art work displayed for today
  3. Please comment.

6 comments:

  1. Don't worry about what others think, but if its any conciliation, you look the same as any other guy I know, and you are who you are.
    live life dude, and if people get in the way, plow over them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. honestly dont worry about other people you cant help what makes you happy so do you and fuck what other people gotta say... you have the right to walk around and with your head up just as much as any other person. dont let the fact that another narrow minded ass hole wants you to feel bad because their is no reason to you keep doing you and every day you wake up let it be to the fact that you are going to have a good day and not that you wonder what someone else would say... fuck 'em do what makes you happy keep me updated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ethan this is Terrence I dont look at you any different you still the same cool Ethan who is down to earth and motivated. Don't worry about the other people who look at you different. If that make you happy then thats good for you, people are going to have to live with it. If people get in your way, just let me know lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks guys. i was really worried that this post wouldn't go over well. it really does make me feel better knowing that you guys take me the way i am, and you guys are absolutely right. i have to be me and do what makes me happy. just wish everyone could see that, and this would be a better world. but thank you so much for your support.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ya i woulnt worry to much about others, be your self and if people cant accept you for who you are then their the one missing out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ethan,
    I can understand how you feel. Remember that your choice in relationships does not define you as a person; it is a small part of the larger you! Don't sweat someone else's opinion on the matter. Just be yourself.

    ReplyDelete